Friday, June 19, 2009

I've been here for 3 weeks...crazy

I decided to clean the lab. My toilet paper came up black again and again. I can't believe they let it get like that--our work is so sensitive to contamination. What I wouldn't give to spend a day scrubbing and throwing out all the useless broken things that are hoarded. I don't think they would appreciate that though.

I went to a cultural performance at the institute to honor Tagore. There was singing and poetry and plays. All of which I didn't understand--which isn't anything new. I've learned to appreciate the nuances behind the language and let them tell a story. Sreerupa's singing stays with me long after she's done.

I met at man at the performance who is doing a summer internship in the Immunology department and is from Brandeis university in Boston! We couldn't talk much during the performances but in between we would frantically talk. He is originally from Kolkata (left when he was 7) and wants to take Michael and I around the city. He told me his name so I could look him up on facebook but I must have remembered wrong and couldn't find him. DOH. I guess we'll just have to stalk the whole Immunology department now...

All of my emotions and thoughts are heightened here because there's nothing else to do but think. Love becomes frenetic, sadness depression and little insecurities make me doubt my self worth. I usually have so many people to bounce things off of, talk me down, put me in perspective. A gaggle of girlfriends to help analyze, rationalize, and decide.

This trip is so good for me.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea,
    I've read some of your journal entries and I wanted to say hello. It sounds like your having an amazing journey.

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post more! I need my fix!! Who else is with me and addicted to this blog?! :-)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete